Even the slimmest of us are not blessed with the flattest of the tummies! One of the best ways to get rid of the stubborn belly bulge is to exercise and eat a healthy diet. Exercise isn’t always about going to the gym. You can even sit on your chair and do these exercises. All you need is your chair and some willpower! Scroll down to find easy yet effective chair exercises for belly fat.
Before we know the exercise, we should know the causes of belly fat and work out ways to fix these issues for good. A sedentary lifestyle, lack of sleep and a poor diet are some of the many reasons that lead to fat accumulation around the tummy. Not only does it increase your risk of obesity but it also puts you at risk of acute or chronic diseases. The best way to get rid of belly fat is to live a healthy lifestyle.
Chair exercises to burn belly fat
Whether you are a couch potato or have a desk job, you can do some simple yet effective chair exercises that can help you get rid of stubborn belly fat.
1. Sitting crunches
You can never go wrong with the classic crunches. We are just giving it a twist. Try these sitting crunches that might help you in your journey of getting rid of the bulging belly. Here’s a step-by-step guide to doing sitting crunches properly:
1. Sit on the edge of the chair with your hands on the back of your head while interlocking your fingers. Lean back with your back straight.
2. Now, lift your chest towards your knees, contracting your abdominal muscles.
3. Exhale as you crunch forward and inhale as you return to the starting position.
4. Keep your core engaged throughout the exercise.
5. Do 15 repetitions and 3 sets of this exercise.
2. Knee raise
Knee raises are one of the easiest yet most effective exercises you can do to burn excess belly fat. Here’s how you can do it properly:
1. Keep your feet flat on the floor as you sit upright.
2. Place your hands on each side of the chair.
3. Life one knee towards your chest, keeping your foot flexed and your back straight.
4. Hold it for a moment, keeping your foot flexed and your back straight.
5. Keep your core engaged. Now, lower the foot back down to the starting position.
6. Alternate legs and repeat the movement for at least 15 repetitions. Do 3 sets of this exercise.
3. Side bends
Melt the belly fat away with this exercise that works on the love handles. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Sit upright on a chair with your feet planted on the floor.
2. Place your hands on either side of your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
3. Now, bend towards your right, keeping your torso aligned and your left hip grounded on the chair.
4. You should feel the stretch on the left side of your body as you lower toward the right.
5. Hold it for a while and repeat on the other side. That completes one repetition.
6. Do at least 15 repetitions to reap the benefits.
From your outer glutes to side bulge to abdominal fat, do this exercise that can work wonders for you and help you get rid of belly fat.
1. Sit on the edge of the chair with your back straight and hands on either side of the chair.
2. Extend your legs straight in front of you, hovering them slightly above the floor.
3. Lift your right leg upward as high as you can while simultaneously lowering your left leg toward the floor.
4. Keep your legs straight and cross them over each other again. Keep your core engaged while you do this.
5. Do at least 20 repetitions of this exercise and you can increase the count gradually.
5. Elbow crunch
A variation of the classic crunch, this exercise is a slight upgrade. Not just on your belly, it also works on the sides.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the floor and back straight.
2. Place your hands lightly behind your back, with your elbows pointing out to the side.
3. Lean back slightly, maintaining an upright position while keeping your back straight.
4. Exhale and contract your abdominal muscles to curl your torso forward, bringing your elbows to your knees.
5. Focus on your abs to initiate the movement rather than pulling on your neck or head.
6. Hold the crunch position for a moment. Inhale and slowly lower your torso back down to the starting position.
7. Do 15 repetitions, in the beginning, and increase gradually.
While these exercises can help you burn belly fat, it is best to check with your healthcare provider and a fitness coach before making any changes in your routine.